Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Revelation

    Bob's sister has been here since February 10.  Her presence, support, and help has been such a blessing to me.  The other day I was reflecting on all that she does--laundry, dishes, cleaning, meal planning and cooking, some kid-sitting--and I realized that up until her arrival I have been doing all of those things PLUS all that I am still doing for Bob and to manage our household and continued grand-kid-sitting.  I found myself wondering, "how in the world have I been doing all this?"  
    There is an encyclopedic-type book about Alzheimer's disease which is often referenced in care-giving circles, entitled The 36-Hour Day.  Since Barby has been here, I think mine has dropped back to a 24-hour day.  I have also found the space in my day (and in my mind) to start exploring options for more support, and a way to achieve that goal is beginning to unfold.

No comments:

Post a Comment