Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Well, Of Course. It's Tuesday.

     Today, during yoga class, I had an "aha" moment.  It had been a sad morning, one in which I cried a bit while trying to get ready and even while eating breakfast.  There were no particular thoughts or events that precipitated the tears, and I pushed myself to go to class because I always feel good afterward.  So there I was, balancing in "tree pose" while my mind asked, "what is it about Tuesdays, anyway?"  And without any hesitation at all, my mind answered itself, "Bob died on a Tuesday."
     Standing there in that balance pose, I encountered the reason for my sense of imbalance today. It was a first-hand experience of what I have read--that, in grief, it is possible to be affected by an anniversary, or other reminder of our loss, even when we aren't conscious of it.  Thanks to this insight, maybe I'll be a bit more prepared when Tuesday rolls around next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment