Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday Grief

     This morning, after watching Bob struggle to figure out where his fork was (sitting next to his plate), I offered it to him.  Then I watched as he tried to figure out what to do with it.  So I put some pancake on the fork and held it out for him to take.  He took it, but then struggled with what to do next.  Ultimately, for the first time, I ended up feeding him.  This was followed by his not being able to drink his orange juice.  I put it in a cup with a handle, thinking that might help.  He didn't know how to pick it up.  Twice I helped him put it to his mouth and he managed to drink some, but it was difficult so we have put it away for later.  Maybe this is a passing dilemma, as many Alzheimer's losses are--they come and they go for a while.  Or, maybe it is the beginning of a new place along the way.  We will just have to wait and see.  For now, my heart is even sadder for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment