Monday, April 24, 2017

"If Alzheimer's Could Speak..."

This was posted on Facebook one day last week and really touched me.  I admire the empathy of the author who was so able to "get inside" the mind and heart of her loved one.  I am sure, if he could, Bob would tell me this is exactly how he feels:

If Alzheimer's Could Speak...
by Tara Reed

Talk to me...
I can hear your words
and they still touch my soul.

Smile at me...
My eyes can see you and feel your heart
even if I don't remember how to smile back.

Hold my hand...
I can feel your energy when our hands connect.
It makes me feel safe and less alone.

Love me...
 My heart can feel your love even if
my words can't express mine.

Live your life...
Help me on my path but don't press pause
on your life.  Be the vibrant person I know and love.

Trust the process...
I know this is hard and not what we planned
but trust the process.  We can't control it but 
we can choose our focus.  Remember the good
times, know that I am ok and that
you are in my heart always.




No comments:

Post a Comment