Saturday, May 6, 2017

Getting Harder

     It's been a hard week, beginning with last weekend when Bob was agitated with the volunteer on Saturday and then with me on Sunday.  His agitation has occurred again several more times this week.  There was a whole day of it Tuesday, and it's been going on much of today as well.  Twice this week (once today) he took off out the door in frustration? anger? I don't really know what he was feeling, but he expressed it in annoyance with me, though I couldn't begin to say why.  His leaving like this (that's 3 times this week) scares me.  What if I'm not around and aware one time when he takes off?  What if I can't talk him into coming back some time?  It also worries me because it makes me wonder if I'm going to be able to keep him here at home, after all.  I want that with all my heart, but these new manifestations of Alzheimer's are making me seriously question whether it will be possible as the disease progresses.  I'm feeling very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment